Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg lid won't fit

Options
JimJ321
JimJ321 Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I recently got an egg and cannot get the lid to fit tightly on the base. I have messed with the screws and tried ti line it up, but am I missing something obvious? The kicker is that I cannot find the instruction manual and don't see info online
Thanks

Comments

• jbenny
    jbenny Posts: 147
    Options
    If you have it line up, you're good. The gasket is what creates the tight fit.
  • JimJ321
    JimJ321 Posts: 2
    Options
    The smoke comes out the side, so maybe it isn't lined up perfectly. I think that is the main problem. Do the three random green hinges I just found have something to do with it.
    Thanks
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I recently helped a friend with a large that had over 2 years managed to get an air gap in the 3-6 o'clock position. Afew of the screws had gotten loose. After talking to FlaPoolMan, we removed the springs with the lid open to release the tension, placed the lid where we wanted it, the hex screws had been loosened, placed the springs back on with the lid down in place and then tightened everything down. Worked great.
  • jbenny
    jbenny Posts: 147
    Options
    I don't remember there being green hinges
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    There are no "three random green hinges." If you are talking about the three green feet that come with the egg, the answer is no, they are not part of the hinge assembly.
    I would suggest that you go back to your dealer for help [and a manual], you are not giving us enough information to be of much assistance to you.