Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Seehk Kabobs (beef)

Options
Taziki sauce really set these off. I’m having fun with the kabobs. 

We get a side of grass fed beef, so this was really to lean. Two of them started to coming off the skewer so I just cooked them on the grate. Can chop my onions smaller next time too. 

But hey, the kids loved them, and a fun midweek cook. 

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,769
    Options
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Great to see ya back! Stellar cook.

Being nit-picky here... it's "seekh kabab". The seekh is the skewer. They start out as kabobs around Central Asia, then become kababs, as one goes further east :) 

PS - I still have the the BGE feet you were kind enough to source, and send, to me many many moons ago. Still very much appreciated. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    Options
    Also, the real skill is keeping the meat from falling off the skewers. You nailed it.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    That looks amazing!  Any recipe or tricks you recommend?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • MrCookingNurse06
    Options
    caliking said:
    Great to see ya back! Stellar cook.

Being nit-picky here... it's "seekh kabab". The seekh is the skewer. They start out as kabobs around Central Asia, then become kababs, as one goes further east :) 

PS - I still have the the BGE feet you were kind enough to source, and send, to me many many moons ago. Still very much appreciated. 
    Hey bud! Thanks for the comments. Ha, I actually was thinking if you when I posted these  =)
    my buddy from Karachi must have fat fingered it. 
  • MrCookingNurse06
    Options
    I just followed one I saw on YouTube. I needed fatter meat…. Don’t we all…. Finer chopped onions and more fat to make it pasty and it would have held better. 
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    edited February 3
    Options
    A couple of pops in the food processor will help emulsify the fat and keep it together.  So will prechilling it in the fridge for a bit.

Those look tasty.  I need to get some skewers like that.
    NOLA
  • caliking
    Options
    I just followed one I saw on YouTube. I needed fatter meat…. Don’t we all…. Finer chopped onions and more fat to make it pasty and it would have held better. 
    Some tips I've gleaned from the interwebz include grating the onion, and squeezing as much water out as you can, by wrapping in a kitchen towel.

Also, from past sausage making ventures, mix the meat with your hand a good bit, until its tacky. A golf ball size portion should stick to your hand, when inverted. As stated above, pulsing in a food pro should work.

Your seekh kababs look better than my last effort :)