Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Glorious day for Ohio

Options
Bojangles should be officially opening its first Ohio restaurant in Columbus today! I say should have because it’s supposed to be today but I am not going to drive up there and look. Love me some Bo
South of Columbus, Ohio.

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,848
    Options
    I find myself both surprised to find this here - and in agreement with the sentiment.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Ok for everyone following along (no one I know) bojangles has moved it’s grand opening date constantly for 3 years and now they bumped it to the 12th of September 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Ok for everyone following along (no one I know) bojangles has moved it’s grand opening date constantly for 3 years and now they bumped it to the 12th of September 
    Total pro move not launching on 9/11 !

We love some Bojangles.  My wife pronounced it Bo-han-ga-layz. Did you grow a fondness for it during your time in NC?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    Why is a "chicken-n-biscuits" restaurant in the Weight Loss forum?  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Botch said:
    Obviously you’ve never been to Bojangles.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Botch said:

Let me correct you sir. “Famous chicken-n-biscuits”
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Total pro move not launching on 9/11 !

We love some Bojangles.  My wife pronounced it Bo-han-ga-layz. Did you grow a fondness for it during your time in NC?
    Yep it was always a treat, for years we would hit one on fridays for lunch 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,769
    Options
    My chest is getting tight just looking at this thread 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I have never tried it, but I've heard it would challenge all comers for best hangover meal.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,769
    Options
    When you can get 125% of your daily sodium intake from a bowl of mashed potatoes, that a good thing right?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Never heard of a Bojangles but my sister and her family live near Cinci.  

I have also never heard of a good day in Ohio but that’s coming from a Texan lmao.   Clearly kidding…
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Legume
    Options

I have also never heard of a good day in Ohio but that’s coming from a Texan lmao.   Clearly kidding…
    Dude, feels like temp of 111?

• TechsasJim
    Options
    Legume said:

Dude, feels like temp of 111?

Man that’s no joke and it’s been like that for 6 weeks and seems like we have at least 1 more week of it.   

I wouldn’t trust the 78* for a low.   More like 84.  

When you take the trash out at zero dark thirty and sweat…well, when does the day get better?
  • Legume
    Options
    My son is in Houston, he told me they're starting to get water main breaks around town from lack of rain.
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    Congratulations Ohio.  Thank you for posting. 

Put pimento cheese on anything for $.89.  

Just think how wonderful the world would be if everything everywhere had that option. 

Bojangles chicken is also great but since they open early and Popeyes opens at 10am then Popeyes and their biscuits get more of my lunch biz. 

• TechsasJim
    Options
    Legume said:
    My son is in Houston, he told me they're starting to get water main breaks around town from lack of rain.
    Facts.   I just spent $600 on my sprinkler system this week for the same reason.   Our system can’t keep up with itself.    

Never been this hot/dry for this elongated timeframe.   No measurable rain here in 6-8weeks.   

News said we need 36” to rebalance (please not all at once)
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    Bojangles recently announced that they are putting like 20 something restaurants in the Vegas Valley. I didn’t see an expected opening date. Announced the same week, Whataburger is coming to the valley as well. My Texan wife and mother in law are pretty excited about that. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• TechsasJim
    Options
    Bojangles recently announced that they are putting like 20 something restaurants in the Vegas Valley. I didn’t see an expected opening date. Announced the same week, Whataburger is coming to the valley as well. My Texan wife and mother in law are pretty excited about that. 

Whataburger is damn good in the fast food space.   Don’t eat it nowadays but the family still loves it.   
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    Whataburger is damn good in the fast food space.   Don’t eat it nowadays but the family still loves it.   
    I lived in Texas for several years while in college. I love some Whataburger. Unfortunately, for now, it is going to be a location on The Strip. Rumor is they are opening up like 5 locations around town. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    If we are talking whataburger, and I have only had that in Texas, Buc-ees is coming to Ohio!  I have enjoyed visits to Bu-cees when visiting mom in Bastrop but I have heard they have gotten crazy busy lately.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options

Ohio is amazing June through October. April-May, November-December touch and go. January, Feb and March, I would rather be in Alaska.  My mom lives in Bastrop and she spent about three weeks here in August. It was over 100 bastrop and 70s here. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• BigreenGreg
    Options
    Bo rounds are the best hangover cure. They have saved my life on more than a few occasions where taking my glasses off may have led to life threatening blood loss. 
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    alaskanassasin said:
    Ohio is amazing June through October. April-May, November-December touch and go. January, Feb and March, I would rather be in Alaska.  
    Ohio was my first home-away-from-home (South Dakota), five years as an AF Lieutenant/Captain.  I totally agree with you on the winter months, I'da rather been in GF North Dakota (where I lived for 3 years).  Ohio seemed to be almost constantly 30-32˚, 100% humidity (fog), all winter long, and that just sunk into your bones, I was SO cold all the time.  June-Oct weren't much better; the Ohio Valley/WPAFB had some of the worst pollen in the US (not sure what kind).  It didn't bother my eyes or make me sneeze, but my nose was constantly draining at night and my throat was just red-raw every day, a doctor finally figured it out and got me on some meds that let me perk up a bit during the summer.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Legume said:
    Facts.   I just spent $600 on my sprinkler system this week for the same reason.   Our system can’t keep up with itself.    

Never been this hot/dry for this elongated timeframe.   No measurable rain here in 6-8weeks.   

News said we need 36” to rebalance (please not all at once)
    I feel you. My people are built for heat, but my sprinkler system apparently isn't. There's a leak somewhere. One sprinkler guy said he might get to me in 3weeks!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    My people were were built for tshirts with giant head holes. Msg me back for specifics
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Just think how wonderful the world would be if everything everywhere had that option. 

Bojangles chicken is also great but since they open early and Popeyes opens at 10am then Popeyes and their biscuits get more of my lunch biz. 

You may already know this - ask for some Cajun Sparkle when you pick your order up at the counter. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    caliking said:

You may already know this - ask for some Cajun Sparkle when you pick your order up at the counter. 

I'm mildly surprised I haven't seen that stuff make an appearance in one of your recipes here...
  • alaskanassasin
    Options

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    caliking said:

Things that sound dirty but aren’t