Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: If You Dislike Everything About Somewhere\Thing\Persons, Why Go There?

Options
dbCooper
dbCooper Posts: 2,087
edited April 2023 in Valentines Day
For me, it's bizarre and irrational to do so day after day.  Not to mention how unpleasant it must be, or is there a pleasure element I don't get?
LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
Great Plains, USA

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,139
    Options
    BDPLPCB

There really is no explaining them. The ven diagram of Qanon supporters and this group is a single circle.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Let’s profile this dude. I’ll start. Feel free to add…

*Most likely socially awkward due to the amount of time he spends going through each and every thread and clicking.  Likely not many friends in real life. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    It also strikes me as kinda bizarre to fixate on why some are fixated on something else.

Brains are funny things sometimes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    It should be easy to figure out.

1. Post a thread just like this.
    2. Track where hand-lotion and Kleenex sales skyrocket.

Remember, people like this feed off the attention.  Knowing someone noticed is the thrill.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,674
    Options
    Russians. Social unrest 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,415
    Options
    The earth orbits the sun.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    The sun and all other planets orbit the earth.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    The incoming dislikeowarts won't take long.  But it's just the price of "Tell it like it is Howard." 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Some folks just like to pee in the pool.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    edited April 2023
    Options

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Maybe because you hold out hope that people will grow up and respect the forum for what it is, a BBQ site and not bring their petty politics into it?
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Too many petty little keyboard warriors out there.  
    Has to be a miserable life for them to wake up and say “I intentionally want to eff up everything today”.   

LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Too many petty little keyboard warriors out there.  
    Has to be a miserable life for them to wake up and say “I intentionally want to eff up everything today”.   

I think they say, "I need to save everyone today!"

Either way, that is a lot of weight for someone to carry.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Terpderpitude
    Options
    stv8r said:
    Maybe because you hold out hope that people will grow up and respect the forum for what it is, a BBQ site and not bring their petty politics into it?
    This you brah?

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,087
    Options
    stv8r said:

That hope is certainly not the reason.  Couple examples that prompted my starting the thread:
    - The Chain Of Lakes Eggfest thread.
    - The thread about a teenaged chef and Egger that is celebrating a birthday.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Elon Musk is like your crazy uncle.  Fun to have around, but you wouldn't actually trust him with anything important.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,985
    Options
    Elon Musk is like your crazy uncle.  Fun to have around, but you wouldn't actually trust him with anything important.
    I’d trust him to waste $20B.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    BDPLPCB

There really is no explaining them. The ven diagram of Qanon supporters and this group is a single circle.
    BDPLPCB??
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,985
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    BDPLPCB

BDPLPCB??
    I think it stands for Basement Dwelling Putin Loving Pinko Commie Beeyotch 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,430
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    BDPLPCB

BDPLPCB??
    I think it stands for Basement Dwelling Putin Loving Pinko Commie Beeyotch 
    It was the 2nd P I was missing. Thanks for the clarification!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI